I was recently interviewed on The Nurse Becoming Podcast hosted by Amanda, creator of The Resume Rx. And I wanted to share the episode with you!
We discussed some of the signs and symptoms of burnout including my own (I was previously burned-out as a RN):
- Mental, physical, emotional exhaustion
- Lack of fulfillment and apathy towards my patients
- Not taking care of my husband, kids, or even myself
- Completely burned out and ready to leave healthcare
We also discuss several charting and time management tips so nurse practitioners can:
- Leave the office by 5:00pm
- STOP charting at home
- Prevent or overcome burnout
Check out the episode here:
For time management and charting tips, check out The Nurse Practitioner Charting School– The one stop for all documentation resources created specifically for nurse practitioners. Learn more at www.npchartingschool.com
**Full disclosure, this blog post may include affiliate links. I do receive a commission if any of the affiliate programs/services/supplies are purchased. This is at no extra cost to you but does allow me to continue to provide content as The Burned-out Nurse Practitioner! Thank you!